Digikam-users Digest, Vol 144, Issue 44

Uwe Haider uwe.haider at gmx.net
Thu May 25 18:12:25 BST 2017

Thanks a lot for your time and answers.

I think you missed my first email. I've lost a hard disk with an part of
my collection. And I have moved on to NAS with the collection and the
SQL-Server (mariadb). So a lot of pictures, folders an paths in the
mariadb-tables don't exist any more (lost hdd). Starting digikam gives a
bunch of error messages. I think, this messages break digikams start.

The speed of the network connection don't lead to error messages - or I
haven't found them...

To avoid all the missing file errors can I drop the album paths in
mariadb. This will leave a bunch of pictures in the tables without an
album and an album root path. Will dk correct this tables? Or will I get
much more errors doing so?
> Looking at the comments to the Dmitri's article the configuration seems to be working. I don't think network speed is an issue nowadays. Even wifi is up to 5G now.
> I would look at the missing files and try to find them in file manager manually first. Maybe there is an issue with the mount point?
> Sorry  I have never done anything like that myself so I cannot be of much help.
The missing files are lost.
> I would try to copy a large file e.g. a movie to/from NAS and watch
> how long it takes.  File_size / measured_time = your real speed

Ok, I will try this the next few days...

> Stupid question: the paths Digikam searches are available? E.g. you
> can follow
> that same path in a file manager or a konsole and actually see the files there
> with the /exact/ same path?
>
> If you or Digikam don't have permission to read the image files, or one of the
> directories in the path, the files will be unreadable or even invisible. And
> depending on how you configure your NAS, that's fairly easy to do (or if you
> forgot to  mount the NFS directories on the client system... been there, done
> that).
>
> Remco
part of my albums are lost, the folders of the NAS are still available,
read/write permissions for my user are set correct. read/write works,
testet with vim. I just have to clean up the SQL-tables by hand I
think.... Or is there a tool?

> Note : I just updated the announcement page with screenshots and a
> small sction about new Geolocation Bookmark Editor.
>
> https://www.digikam.org/news/2017-05-23-5.6.0-pre-release/
>
> The next 5.6.0 is also postponed to 11/06/2017 to be sure to receive
> enough feedback for users.
>
> Best
>
> Gilles Caulier

Thanks a lot for all your work Gilles.