Adjusting file last modified date

Andrey Goreev aegoreev at gmail.com
Sun May 21 15:18:20 BST 2017

I am pretty sure that FileModifyDate is the system's "date modified". Windows would have "date created" in addition to it but linux does not store "date created". In the example I sent I copy values from QuickTime Date Created of mp4 file to system's file date modified (I do that because digikam uses date modified (file system) as date created (content) for video files. Works for me)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
-------- Original message --------From: Remco Viëtor <remco.vietor at wanadoo.fr> Date: 2017-05-21  7:43 AM  (GMT-07:00) To: digiKam - Home Manage your photographs as a professional with the power of open source <digikam-users at kde.org> Subject: Re: Adjusting file last modified date
On dimanche 21 mai 2017 15:15:10 CEST Andrey Goreev wrote:
> In the meantime, exiftool can do that easily.
> exiftool -api quicktimeutc=1 "-FileModifyDate<QuickTime:CreateDate"
> -overwrite_original FILE  Change QuickTime:CreateDate to whatever tag you
> want to copy the info from or to a certain value (date).

But make sure you know which tag you need to overwrite...
In this case, the OP wanted to change the date the file was last /modified/.
Your exemple would change the date the file content was /created/, not the same
thing. I'd even think you wouldn't want to touch that particular item at all,
except when you know the date is wrong and you know the correct creation date.