file not found.... -> no start!

Andrey Goreev aegoreev at gmail.com
Sun May 21 14:32:12 BST 2017

I would make sure you have write access to the NAS.  On some systems, e.g. Fedora it is a bit complicated to mount an NTFS drive with full access (read and write).You can try:"nano /path/to/nas/temp.txt"then add some text in temp.txt and save it.Instead of "nano" you can use "gedit" if you are on gnome or "kate" if you are on KDE.Please run it from your user account and do not use "sudo".Just an idea.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
-------- Original message --------From: Uwe Haider <uwe.haider at gmx.net> Date: 2017-05-21  6:23 AM  (GMT-07:00) To: digikam-users at kde.org Subject: file not found.... -> no start!
After moving to a new computer/NAS I have trouble to start digikam. I
try to fix it for several weeks now, but no success so far. This is the
output of digikam while starting:

  [...]

  133  digikam.general: Using  8  CPU core to run threads
  134 digikam.general: new search text settings:  "" : hasResult =
false , validRows =  0
  135 QFSFileEngine::open: No file name specified
  136 digikam.geoiface: ----
  137 digikam.general: Added root album called:  "WD-USB"
  138 digikam.general: Added root album called:  "Geschäftsbericht_2011"
  139 digikam.general: Added root album called:  "Einweihung HHN"
  140 digikam.general: Added root album called:  "Albas Bilder"
  141 digikam.general: Added root album called:  "Carla 18"
  142 digikam.general: Added root album called:  "Bilder_lokal"
  143 digikam.general: Added root album called:  "Bilder"
  144 digikam.general: Added root album called:  "Fotos"
  145 digikam.general: Added root album called:  "NAS"
  146 digikam.general: Did not find album root album in hash
  147 QInotifyFileSystemWatcherEngine::addPaths: inotify_add_watch
failed: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden
  148 QInotifyFileSystemWatcherEngine::addPaths: inotify_add_watch
failed: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden

-> last line is repeated until here

3094 QInotifyFileSystemWatcherEngine::addPaths: inotify_add_watch
failed: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden
3095 QInotifyFileSystemWatcherEngine::addPaths: inotify_add_watch
failed: Auf dem Gerät ist kein Speicherplatz mehr verfügbar

"Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden" means "file not found"

"Auf dem Gerät ist kein Speicherplatz mehr verfügbar" means "no space
left on device".

This is, what I have done while moving to the new machine:

- moved the mariadb-server to my NAS

- moved all files in the NAS-mariadb as separate dumps

- changed the album paths in the albumroot-table to the new mount points

- I have lost an harddisk (broken, unreadable) and tried to mount the
backup instead ( I don't need this files absolut)

- changed the configuration in digikam to the NAS-mariadb

The main problem seems to be the QInotifyFileSystemWatcherEngine writing
a disk full - how can I stop this? I think digikam will be able to check
and repare the mariadb if it gets started.

Or should I remove the Albumrootpath of the crashed hard disk manually?

Any advice is welcome...

uhai

--
Uwe Haider