How do I save "DateTime imported" value in Digikam?

Remco Viƫtor remco.vietor at wanadoo.fr
Fri May 19 06:48:06 BST 2017

On jeudi 18 mai 2017 23:53:57 CEST Andrey Goreev wrote:
> I thought digikam can read any tag from metadata. There is a section in
> settings to customize what tags to read /write, isn't it?

But it still has to know which tag to read, and what the tag means.
One property of XML (of which XMP is a derivative) is that a program should be
able to parse any valid file, /ignoring/ tags  or attributes it doesn't know
about. But such unknown tags may get lost on rewriting the file.

So you can add an <iphone:DataTimeImport> tag to the XMP, but, since Digikam
probably doesn't know about the tag, it will silently ignore it. On a rewrite
of the XMP (say because you added a keyword, or changed the title), that
<iphone:DataTimeImport> tag may very well be lost. And of course, Digikam
won't do anything with it (no searching, no ordering according to import date,
etc.)

Remco