Open with -> External script isn't working from digiKam

aegoreev at gmail.com aegoreev at gmail.com
Wed May 17 19:52:01 BST 2017

To reproduce the issue you can creat a test script test.sh and make it
executable:
----beginning of the code---
#!/usr/bin/env bash
for file in "$@"; do
echo "File is "$@" "
done
----end of the code----

then create test.desktop file, copy it to $HOME/.local/share/applications/ and
make executable.

---beginning of the code----
[Desktop Entry]
Categories=AudioVideo;Video;
Comment=Test
Exec="/PATH/TO/test.sh" %F
GenericName=Test
Icon=
MimeType=video/x-msvideo;video/quicktime;video/mpeg;video/mp4;
Name=Test
NoDisplay=false
Path=
StartupNotify=true
Terminal=true
TerminalOptions=\s--noclose
Type=Application
Version=1.0
X-DBUS-ServiceName=
X-DBUS-StartupType=none
X-KDE-SubstituteUID=false
X-KDE-Username=
----end of the code----

Then open Dolphin - select few video files - open with - Test
which will work.

Then open digiKam - select few video files - open with - Test
it won't work.