Not seeing tags in 5.5

Jim Dory james at dorydesign.com
Thu May 11 16:52:56 BST 2017

I'm on Gentoo and 5.6 isn't available in the portage yet - and a routine
upgrade installed 5.5. I had all sorts of trouble - taking a very long time
- not seeing my photo albums, etc - until after an hour or so I got it to
see my photos. But it has an error when trying to read tags, both raw and
jpeg files. Here's a snip from the terminal:

"digikam.database: Attempt to create tag properties for tag id 0
digikam.dbengine: Failure executing query:
"INSERT INTO Tags (pid, name) VALUES( ?, ?);"
Error messages: "Unable to fetch row" "UNIQUE constraint failed:
TagsTree.id, TagsTree.pid" 19 1
Bound values:  (QVariant(int, 0), QVariant(QString,
"_Digikam_Internal_Tags_"))
digikam.dbengine: Error while executing DBAction [ "InsertTag" ] Statement
[ "INSERT INTO Tags (pid, name) VALUES( :tagPID, :tagname);"
]
digikam.database: Attempt to create tag properties for tag id 0
digikam.database: Image 29896 type QFlags(0x1|0x8)
digikam.database: Image 29895 type QFlags(0x8)
digikam.database: Graph with 2 vertices:
"{ Id: 29902 UUID: 3ed50b... } -> { Id: 29901 UUID: dcf0eb... }"

"

I did try to mask this but I don't have any earlier ebuilds to install
previous versions. Suppose I could create one, but maybe there is an easy
fix for this in version 5.5?

thx, Jim