Kubuntu 17.04 Zesty

Philip Johnsson philip.johnsson at gmail.com
Tue May 9 21:21:04 BST 2017

That error say that you still have an old digikam5-data package from my
yakkety PPA installed that have the same file that's in digikam 5.4 from
the offical ubuntu 17.04 package and therefore they conflict and don't
install.

I just uploaded digikam 5.5 packages for ubuntu 17.04 to be built on my
PPA. From Ubuntu 17.04 release there will no longer be any digikam5
packages so there will only be digikam packages and no longer any support
for old digikam 4.14 packages.

Hopefully if things work as it should ubuntu 17.04 will now solve the
update by itself so it upgrade digikam5 5.4 or 5.5 packages for ubuntu
16.10 (yakkety) on my PPA to digikam 5.5 packages on ubuntu 17.04. If
anyone have any problem with held back packages doing this then let me
know. Upgrading the official digikam 5.4 ubuntu 17.04 packages to digkam
5.5 on my PPA is just straight forward and doesn't involve any old digikam5
packages at all anymore.

/Philip