Couldn't delet Photo's

Vo vohegg at gmail.com
Sat May 6 17:26:31 BST 2017

Hi,

Am 06.05.2017 um 13:41 schrieb Gilles Caulier:
>> Hi there,
>>
>> how is it possible to use the <DEL> Key right? As if i mark a Picture,
>> and hit the key, Digikam tells me:
>> 'Couldn't move picture nameofpicture.jpg to collection trash'
> Work perfectly here, but not under Ubuntu of course, as i don't want
> to waste time with this worse system which try to re-invent the
> wheel... But it's another story...
Meanwhile i find a "workaround" , <shift>-<DELETE> does what <DEL>
should do. Can i setup this anywhere?

>> and why i start Digikam 5.4.0 (under Ubuntu 17.xx) from console i saw
>> something happend, but couldn't imagine what this is all about.
>> Look here: https://pastebin.com/HwLRD72X
> There is nothing special to read in this trace. All is normal.
>
> Which file system do you use ? Where are hosted your collections ? On
> the network ?
That's a question, I use the standard (EXT4) filesystem on the linux drive.
The main collection is on a serversystem (under Xubuntu) which hold's
all ~70.000 photos.
This machine backs up every month to a local movable HDD (formatet as
FAT32).
My (the machine which couldn't delete) is sync'ed over network and
stores the collection on a movable SSD (it's formated as ntfs - i guess).
All this file movements, sync and rename actions a done by filesystem
programms.

Digikam 5.x is used only on one machine to display the collection and
edit the metatags.
Sometimes I edit some JPG-Files from the colleciton and store them local.

Nevertheless this works as it should, and i can delete Files (and
Pictures) form the filebrowser and other programs too. I don't know what
digikam5.x exactly wants to do - for deleting pictures.

> Gilles Caulier
I got it work, but the <DEL> - Key doesn't work

Thanks. for your response

regards
Vo.