DigiKam losing it's own information ???

BuckSkin dmnmcg60 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 30 06:14:45 BST 2017

64-bit Windows 7 ... digiKam version 5.5.0

I have a major problem with digiKam losing association with tags and
geolocation information that have been applied to images IN digiKam.

The tags and geolocation information is still showing in file properties,
exif, and so forth, and is still recognized in various other image programs;
however digiKam itself is not recognizing it's own work.

I view an "album/collection" in digiKam that I know for fact has geolocation
and category tags applied to all images and a third or more of them will not
show this information, yet the same images exhibit the information in all my
other programs.

Thus, when I do a category/tag search in digiKam, it does not bring up these
images, which defeats my soul purpose for doing all that tagging in digiKam
in the first place.

Is this something I am doing wrong, or is it a bug in digiKam ?

Thanks for reading.