What can the pixls.us photographic community help DigiKam?

mica at silentumbrella.com mica at silentumbrella.com
Mon Mar 27 08:57:38 BST 2017

Hi all,

I seem to have no been granted commit access to the digikam website repo
yet, but hopefully that will clear up in the next few days and I'll push
what I have so I can share it with you all.

Porting all the site's content is getting very close to complete. If you
have some free time and want to help, please take a look at the
following things:

1. The 20 FAQs still in the drupal site, get the content and add it to
the documentation > faq.md file. Even getting the FAQs in markdown
format and posting them here to this thread would be a tremendous help.
2. Fix broken links, there are probably a lot of them that still use the
drupal syntax. You can run hugo locally and use a link checker to find
the broken links
3. Convert posts to markdown. Right now ever page still has HTML in it.
It'd be nice if pages were in markdown, where possible. If you edit a
page, please convert it to markdown and check to make sure it looks
reasonable!
4. Update the screenshots, they're all old!
5. Add the `<!--more--> tag to news items. This controls what hugo shows
on summary pages. Right now, nothing uses this tag.

You can check the git repo out from KDE's source control using git:
git://anongit.kde.org/websites/digikam-org and submit patches here on
the list, on this thread please. Or if you have commit access to the
project, go for it!

You can run hugo's internal server to serve you the local website by
first downloading and/or installing hugo (available as a binary for most
platforms at http://gohugo.io), cloning the repo, cd into the
digikam-org folder, and run "hugo serve" from your command prompt.

If you'd like to request commit access to the project, you can do it by
registering an account at identities.kde.org and requesting developer
access.

Again, sorry I haven't pushed yet, but hopefully that will happen
tomorrow!

Best,
Mica