What can the pixls.us photographic community help DigiKam?

Simon Frei freisim93 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 20 13:06:04 GMT 2017

Honestly, this is less about which technology is better than the other,
than about a group of people (pixls.us team) stepping up to manage the
digikam website. Their tool of choice is a static website generated from
some kind of markup language. What matters is that they are willing to
invest this work and they definitely proved that the results are (more
than) good.

The only content that changes (more like appears) are new releases and
some blog entries from Dmitri. These can easily be done via a static
site. For user contribution it will be as easy as editing a text file
and submitting it per mail or git.