Collection on usb hdd does not work well

Anders Lund anders at alweb.dk
Fri Mar 17 09:34:46 GMT 2017

Hi,

I have a collection on a USB harddisk, and that does not get updated in
digikam when add a image to it, it looks like digikam does not watch for
changes.

I use darktable to edit my raw files, so I open a image in darktable, and
exports a jpeg into the same folder as the original - and digikam does not
pick it up.

i can use "refresh" in the album context menu, but that is insanely slow,
because it refreshes all thumbnails.

Is there anything I can do to make digikam behave as expected with a usb hdd?

Kindly,
Anders