Missing menus

Derek Keats derek at dkeats.com
Thu Mar 2 08:25:39 GMT 2017

@jdd

in DK 5.5 there are no menu bars on both Ubuntu 16.04, and 16.10
In DK 5.4 there are two menu bars on Ubuntu 16.04 and no menu bars on 16.10
Everything works fine in the Digikam 4 series on both versions of Ubuntu.
The problem is something introduced with Digikam 5.

Please see my first couple of posts.

It seems I have three choices
1. Use the Digikam 4 series
2. Pin Digikam 5.4 and not do any further upgrades
3. Use something else.

I'd prefer to use the new releases as they are continuously improved. The
problem with option 3 is that there is nothing else in the occupied
universe that comes remotely close to Digikam.

Thanks
Derek

--
Dr Derek W. Keats, PhD
IT Strategy, Higher Education Strategy, Technology Innovation
Email: derek at dkeats.com
Phone: +27 82 787 0169 / +27 11 477 4954
Web: http://www.dkeats.com