How can I move a lot of albums to another collection?

Daniel Bauer linux at daniel-bauer.com
Wed Mar 1 12:19:17 GMT 2017

Am 01.03.2017 um 12:08 schrieb Chris Green:
> On Wed, Mar 01, 2017 at 11:22:43AM +0100, Anders Lund wrote:
>> onsdag den 1. marts 2017 10.56.25 CET skrev jdd:
>>
>> I would loose alle metadata in the digikam database if I do that.
>
> Which is why the metadata should all be in the files - always!

No. There are many reasons NOT to want metadata in files. I don't want
to accidentally publish photos with my personal annotations just because
I forgot to strip them before publishing. This is just one example.

It is good and I am happy that digikam does NOT save these things in
image files unless explicitly wanted by those users who prefer it that way.

There is no "always!", each one has it's own needs and procedures and it
is nice that many programs, like digikam, leave the freedom to the user.

Daniel
http://www.daniel-bauer.com