xmp tag/keyword between Lightroom/Bridge and digikam

Glenn_UK glennmingham at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 30 17:39:27 BST 2017

Hi...New to Digikam and loving it. But I do need still to interact between
Digikam and Lightroom.It's the tag/keywords for Canon .cr2 RAW files that I
especially need to be read by both ends. But it seems that while Adobe
writes to e.g /ThisImage.xmp/, it seems Digikam writes to a file
/ThisImage.cr2.xmp/ and so neither can be read by the other.Is there any way
round this? I have so many existing Adobe .xmp sidecars that it's not going
to be practical for me to use Digikam otherwise. Which I would /really/
regret, now I've found it!I see that (embedded?) keywords of non-RAW files -
TIF, JPG, DNG - from Adobe are read no problem as tags in Digikam - so it
seems naming conventions are not an issue.