Merging tags

Martin Burnicki martin.burnicki at burnicki.net
Thu Jun 29 22:46:59 BST 2017

Hi,

digikam at 911networks.com wrote:
> DK 5.6.0 on arch
>
> Hi,
>
> Is there a way of merging tags.  I have:
>
> Cats & Dogs
> cats and dogs
> cats and dogs - charlie
> cats and dogs: charlie
>
> https://www.dreamwidth.org/support/faqbrowse?faqid=209
>
> talks about  "Tag Properties" section. I can't finds that.

A possible solution could be to

- Open the "Tags" tab at the left side of the screen, where you can
*search for* specific tags.

- Check the checkboxes of the tag(s) you want to change, e.g. "cats and
dogs", "cats and dogs - charlie", and "cats and dogs: charlie". So all
images with these tags are displayed.

- Open the captions / tags menu at the right side of the screen where
you can *assign* specific tags. Select the new tag you want to apply,
e.g. "Cats & Dogs", then de-select the tags you want to remove, e.g.
"cats and dogs", etc. Finally click on "apply" to change the tags for
the selected images.

Even if you have changed the tags in all images from "cats and dogs" to
"Cats & Dogs", the old tag(s) will still show up in the tags list.
However, no more images should be shown if you select only tag "cats and
dogs", and if you right-click on the old tag you can select "Delete" to
delete it from the list.

Regards,
Martin