Unable to add target album

Peter Mc Donough mcd-mail-lists at gmx.net
Tue Jun 20 10:06:18 BST 2017

Am 20.06.2017 um 10:44 schrieb Remco Viƫtor:
> On mardi 20 juin 2017 09:43:29 CEST Ronald HUGHES wrote:

>> Kubuntu 16.04
>> digiKam 5.5.0
>
> ... So, first thing I'd suggest is that you start fresh;
> backup and then /remove/ the local files created by Digikam. For me those are
> stored in ~/.local/share/digikam. ...

"remove" can be problematic.
In cases like this I prefer renaming the old files, start the program
again and look, what has changed.
This is also very helpful if you ever have to install an new "home" and
want the configuration files of your previous "home"

Your home directory as user, digikam not started

find ~/ -iname '*digikam*'

won't do any damage and you see where digikam left traces, then

mv [whatever] [whatever.old]

and start digikam again.
with an other "find" you get a list of old and new digikam and can
salvage from the old version what you need for the new on.
And if you don't like the result, you can always reverse what you did.

cu
Peter