Failing to load collection

Sigfrid Lundberg sigfrid at sigfrid-lundberg.se
Tue Jun 6 14:43:48 BST 2017

Thanks for rapid response...  Starting with
digikam-5.6.0-01-x86-64.appimage I did with debug option

1. I created an empty directory (~sigge/digikam) for the db
2 Tried with the very first directory inside my gallery area, which
contains a some 120 JPGs.

I then got to 85% of that directory, with the following output from GDB and
digikam:

digikam.dimg: "/home/sigge/Dropbox/galleri/2011-2012-freddy/P1080855.JPG"
: JPEG file identified
digikam.database: Adding new item
"/home/sigge/Dropbox/galleri/2011-2012-freddy/P1080855.JPG"
digikam.metaengine: DateTime => Exif.Photo.DateTimeOriginal =>
QDateTime(2012-01-08 16:43:57.000 CET Qt::TimeSpec(LocalTime))
digikam.metaengine: DateTime (Exif digitalized):  s�n jan. 8 16:43:57 2012
digikam.metaengine: Orientation => Exif.Image.Orientation =>  8
digikam.database: Scanning took 10 ms
digikam.database: Finishing took 0 ms
digikam.metaengine: Exiv2 ( 2 ) :  Directory OlympusCs, entry 0x0101: Strip
0 is outside of the data area; ignored.

digikam.dimg: "/home/sigge/Dropbox/galleri/2011-2012-freddy/P1080856.JPG"
: JPEG file identified
digikam.database: Adding new item
"/home/sigge/Dropbox/galleri/2011-2012-freddy/P1080856.JPG"
digikam.metaengine: DateTime => Exif.Photo.DateTimeOriginal =>
QDateTime(2012-01-08 16:44:02.000 CET Qt::TimeSpec(LocalTime))
digikam.metaengine: DateTime (Exif digitalized):  s�n jan. 8 16:44:02 2012
digikam.metaengine: Orientation => Exif.Image.Orientation =>  8
digikam.database: Scanning took 12 ms
digikam.database: Finishing took 0 ms
[Switching to Thread 0x7fffe1308700 (LWP 16323)]

Thread 5 "Digikam::ScanCo" hit Catchpoint 1 (exception thrown),
0x00007fffee1848bd in __cxa_throw ()
   from /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libstdc++.so.6
(gdb)

I still have it running, so if you have suggestions for next step, I can
continue!

Sigge