Associating Collections to New Internal HDD ???

Andrey Goreev aegoreev at gmail.com
Sat Jul 29 16:26:18 BST 2017

I think you will need to close digikam, find configuration files, change the drive letter there and start digikam. It might tell that drive ID has changed and ask you to confirm whether the new path is your collection and everything should work after that. I have done same on Linux but it is a bit easier on Linux since you can connect a new drive to the same mount point

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
-------- Original message --------From: BuckSkin <dmnmcg60 at gmail.com> Date: 2017-07-29  9:16 AM  (GMT-07:00) To: digikam-users at kde.org Subject: Associating Collections to New Internal HDD ???
64-bit Windows 7 Pro

I have just installed a new internal secondary HDD, strictly for my photo
collection and gave it drive letter "A"
At the same time, for a back-up, I added an identical HDD in an external
enclosure and assigned it "Z"

All of my digiKam collections/albums are associated with the old out-grown
external HDD with drive letter "P"

In "settings" > Configure digiKam > Collections, I have tried every possible
trick that I could think of to change the old drive letter to the new and
nothing I have tried will allow me to edit the folder path.

If I could just change all of those "P" to "A", everything else remains the
same.

I have decided this is just not possible; if it isn't possible, then it
should be; and if it is possible, then I would sure like to know what I am
not seeing.

If I hi-lite a collection and double-click, it will allow me to edit the
collection name, but nothing I do will allow me to edit the folder path.

Thanks for reading.