bulk IPTC changes?

Andrey Goreev aegoreev at gmail.com
Sat Jul 29 14:56:26 BST 2017

You need to go to settings - metadata - advanced and setup what metadata fields you want to write for "keywords", "comment" etc. By default digikam writes them to xmp, iptc, exif, etc.
Also make sure "write metadata to files" is on otherwise digikam will only right it to its database.
https://docs.kde.org/trunk5/en/extragear-graphics/digikam/using-setup.html#using-setup-metadata
Then you can select the images you want apply metadata to and go to right panel - captions tab and add whatever information you want.
https://docs.kde.org/trunk5/en/extragear-graphics/digikam/using-sidebar.html#using-sidebar-captions
If by location you mean Geolocation you can go to Geolocation Editor (Ctrl Shift G) and add GPS coordinates to selected images or apply reverse geocoding.
https://docs.kde.org/trunk5/en/extragear-graphics/digikam/tool-geolocation.html
Hopefully it helps

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
-------- Original message --------From: Gregory Guthrie <guthrie at mum.edu> Date: 2017-07-29  7:28 AM  (GMT-07:00) To: digikam-users at kde.org Subject: bulk IPTC changes?
How can I select a group of files, and then insert new IPTC data, for example a comment, location, keyword or other IPTC data into all of them at one time. I see how to change IPTC data for a single photo, and then he next, etc. But I want to change (add) for a large group all at once. Thanks (TIA).