How to delete lenses from database

Remco Viƫtor remco.vietor at wanadoo.fr
Tue Jul 25 18:12:17 BST 2017

On mardi 25 juillet 2017 18:32:53 CEST fotografie wrote:
> Hello,
>
> is there an easy way to strip down the lens database to the ones I own?
>
> I don't want to search a hundred lenses to find the 5 I use.
Yes and no.
No, in that digikam does not provide a way to limit the list of proposed
lenses. That would be a nice addition (settings dialog where you can select
the lenses you use from the full list, and digikam then only presents the
lenses that fit e.g. focal length and are in your selection).

Yes, in the sense that you can edit the database outside digikam.
The lens database is provided by lensfun, which uses xml files to store the
data about all the lenses it knows about. You can edit those xml files and
strip out everything you don't want (but the files might get overwritten at the
next update). Hard to give more details without knowing what OS you use.

Remco