Editing or changing colorschemes on windows

Andrey Goreev aegoreev at gmail.com
Wed Jul 19 13:33:50 BST 2017

Hello,I have exactly the same problem. It does not matter what system you are at (Linux, Windows, Mac). I think it is just a low quality of a laptop's screen. I use an external monitor most of the time which solves the problem. When I am working without an external monitor I kind of know now how the colors are going to look like on my large monitor, on paper and on my phone/tablet screen.Many people use calibrators to make picture look the same on all displays as well as on paper but I guess I am being too cheap to spend $100 on a device without trying it first. I should have just bought it but I personally don't believe that a color scheme going to make picture on a crappy display look any better. Hopefully I am wrong.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
-------- Original message --------From: Friedrich Seuhs <f_seuhs at gmx.at> Date: 2017-07-19  6:08 AM  (GMT-07:00) To: digikam-users at kde.org Subject: Editing or changing colorschemes on windows

First let me say, I realy like digikam!

I am a windows user!

But the existing colorschemes for windows make me crazy!

For my desktop with a better monitor I found a scheme, that is far away from perfect, but it enables me to work with it.

For my laptop I cound not find any of the included schemes that is acceptable for me. The differences in gray are so small, that I cannot see for example the different buttons and the icons on it. Standard scheme shows unreadable tool-tips!

Is there a possibility to edit the colrschemefiles with a little comfort? Editing in text and restarting digikam is too timeconsuming.

Or is there anyone who has colorschemefiles with more contast and will share with me?

Many thanks Fritz