Import images and create albums by Exif "DateTimeOriginal"?

Andrey Goreev aegoreev at gmail.com
Mon Jul 17 20:25:11 BST 2017

Gilles,

Here is what I got from the developer awhile ago:

"Between ExifTool and MediaInfo, I don't know which is *most* reliable in
extracting video metadata. All I do know is that based on user reports,
ExifTool sometimes gets it wrong e.g. with Sony HV400 files. MediaInfo is
not perfect either. Consequently Rapid Photo Downloader uses the output of
both:"

http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~dlynch3/rapid/zeromq_pyqt/view/head:/raphodo/
metadatavideo.py#L144
It seems to be working because video files go to correct folders for me.

Best regards,
Andrey