Setting metadata for a few images (like 500) freezes digikam.

Anders Lund anders at alweb.dk
Sat Jul 15 14:51:34 BST 2017

På Sat, 15 Jul 2017 07:41:22 -0600
Andrey Goreev <aegoreev at gmail.com> skrev:
> digikam and darktable share xmp sidecars pretty good (I have not
> noticed any bugs).

So I could elect to add the data to the xmp file? But for my planned
workflow, I rely on them being in the image, I read (and write) them
with perl Image::ExifTool.

> Also I think the slow process of adding descriptions to images isn't
> related to adding metadata to RAW.

All my RAWs (CR2s) appearently survived the experiment. I'm quite sure
the slowness comes from digikam unnessecarily reloading and rewriting
thumbnails.