Setting metadata for a few images (like 500) freezes digikam.

Anders Lund anders at alweb.dk
Sat Jul 15 14:15:31 BST 2017

Hi list,
In preparation for my next event, I am experimenting with digikam. One
of my thoughts is to get a description or title into every image, which
may be a default.

So I tried doing this:
- Go to an album with about 500 photos.
- Select all.
- Put something in the description field of the metadata sidebar.
- Press Apply.

Now, digikam is mostly frozen, having worked for > 10 minutes. Most of
the files in the album are raws, but I checked the experimental option
to write to raw files.

Is this how the state of this is? Because I mostly find this unusable,
if this is the way it works, I need another tool to do this task :(
Tricks to make this work better?

Kindly,
Anders