Might I raise the printing issue again

Stuart T Rogers stuart at stella-maris.org.uk
Sat Jul 15 08:14:52 BST 2017

Gilles

I have tried to print to Gimp using 5.6 (package from openSUSE) with the
Print Assistant and although I am still unable to select the correct
print size (5x7 inches which does not even show up in the list) I have
selected postcard and then gone ahead but it fails to open Gimp, however
if I right click on the photo and open with Gimp that opens just fine.

Next I downloaded 5.7 appimage but the same issue currently exists in
that it fails to open Gimp from Print Assistant. The same issue is
apparent over paper sizes as well.

Now I'm not sure if the 5.7 appimage is the one with your latest version
of the Assistant or not, it was downloaded today.

I am not sure what you are hoping to achieve by doing Print to Gimp,
since opening the image with Gimp allows access to printing anyway, or
are you attempting to just use Gimp printing support without opening the
full program?

Stuart