Scan for new items takes ages after syncing collection btw. two computers

stancs3 scruise56 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 31 06:06:52 GMT 2017

Would we expect similar results if the database was in a mysql server?
The server would in theory remain a constant, and become attached to
the new machine. I am actually getting ready to do just such a thing. I
have a current VM with digikam and am preparing a new VM. If interested
I will post my progress, but it won't be until I clean up my backup
image data storage, which will take me a few more weeks at the rate I
am going.

On a different sceanario, I moved a mysql db from one server VM to a
different server VM, and pointed a non-changed digikam to the new
server. It was no problem. It did notice the db was on a different
server, but just proceeded to work.

In essence I always opt for a real db when possible. It takes some
learning offline, but it is worth it. Postgresql is even better than
mysql, so someday ..... :)