Still no handbook help.

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Mon Jan 30 07:46:58 GMT 2017

> søndag den 29. januar 2017 22.35.52 CET skrev Philip Johnsson:
> > I'm afraid that you will end up having to install most of the plasma
> > packages. I'm not sure exactly what's minimal from plasma to get the
> > klauncher going if you don't use KDE/plasma as your desktop or have it
> > installed. For starters you could try to install the kded5 and kinit
> > packages and see if that helps. Otherwise installing plasma desktop will
> > solve it but that's many packages that you otherwise don't need.
>

> I'm quite sure it uses kio (kioclient --exec).

yes absolutely. help:// protocol...

In AppImage, i dropped the call to KDE help Center through KIO API by a
simple call to Qt QDesktopService API to open the default web browser and
to open the online version.

1/ This prevent to embed the handbook inside the bundle (this require to
add 100MB of data)

2/ KIO API is a puzzle. This require a large amount of KDE run time
component to only open the handbook. I tried to do it at least to
understand how it work, and it never work. Too much complicated and time
consuming... Time is precious for me...