Is thunderbird and gmail a good option to use the digikam mailing list ?

nonobio nonobio at gmail.com
Fri Jan 27 08:13:29 GMT 2017

Hi,

I'm totally agree with what says Dan Dascalescu.

About the question if i use another email address for digikam mailing
list : no. I use my main gmail address, but wheni was receiving several
mails a day from the mailing list, with not clear subjects(numbers), i
quickly stopped the process by creating a filter to auto archive digikam
mails.

Then, i tried Thunderbird (i used it several years ago but not use it
anymore : i switched to gmail webmail)for specially browse the digikam
mailing list; with thunderbird i have real subjects instead of numbers,
but i don't understand the hierarchy (sometimes replys are on the right
down of the previous mail, sometimes not..).

My first impression when i discover Digikam, specially when i discovered
the website, was to not try it (sorry to says that). With the difficulty
to follow the community (or just to discover there was a community), i
thought Digikam wasn't a software for everyone.

But i tried it, and for my opinion, it is a very good software, maybe
the best alternative to Picasa on Windows.

Bye