Is thunderbird and gmail a good option to use the digikam mailing list ?

Andrey Goreev aegoreev at gmail.com
Thu Jan 26 14:14:12 GMT 2017

I think you need to google for " *your email provider* imap thunderbird".
If you added it to Thunderbird using pop3 protocol you can only have scheduled delivery, e.g. every 5 min, 30 min, etc.
imap should be able to "push" an email to your Thunderbird whenever a new one comes in.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
-------- Original message --------From: Remco Viƫtor <remco.vietor at wanadoo.fr> Date: 2017-01-26  7:07 AM  (GMT-07:00) To: digiKam - Home Manage your photographs as a professional with the power of open source <digikam-users at kde.org> Subject: Re: Is thunderbird and gmail a good option to use the digikam mailing list ?
On mardi 24 janvier 2017 09:57:45 CET nonobio wrote:
> H :)
>
> So i use thunderbird for follow the digikam mailing list and get support.
>
> But maybe because i didn't made the good settings or don't use the good
> tools, i often miss answers to my own messages.
>
> Because i use mainly gmail for all my mails and thunderbird only for
> Digikam mailing list, i have to think to launch thunderbird to check if
> there is new reply to my own messages.
>
> My questions :
>
> Can i have notification (mail for instance) when there are reply to only
> choosed messages, included mine ?
>
> Are there others ways to have a proper user interface like in
> thunderbird to display messages with proper subject and hierarchical
> replies ?
> With gmail, subjects are named with numbers : issue 128, issue 129,
> etc.., and it isn't clear for me.

So you use Thunderbird for the Digikam mailing list, and gmail (webmail?) for
all other email. That makes me think you are using a separate email address
for this list. (if you were using the same gmail address as for your other
mail, you'd see the Digikam messages there as well)

If that's the case, I don't see how you could get notifications from the
address you use here to the other address(es) you use, other than through the
settings for your gmail account. But that's not a Digikam problem...

Same for the user interface, you'll probably get more/better answers on a
platform dedicated to gmail (or try Google "gmail how to use"?"). Or, of
course, you can use Thunderbird for the other mail as well...