digiKam freezes when scanning a new collection

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Tue Jan 24 20:53:20 GMT 2017

I know that a problem still exist, in some conditions in database interface
which not commit data by transaction stage, but only and end of database
session. This bloat the memory and if swap is required, this have very bad
effect on GUI.

I NEVER reproduce the problem here. I sniffed the memory to catch the
problem. This never happen.

The problem also exist with face detection and recognition, or while finger
prints computation for similarity tool. I cannot reproduce, and i don't
understand why it appears with some system and not mine. This is true for
sqlite and mysql.