Has DigiKam a limit on file sizes?

jdd jdd at dodin.org
Sat Jan 21 08:11:11 GMT 2017

> Em 20 de jan de 2017 18:07, "Arran" <digikam.bruno at arranmarketing.com
> <mailto:digikam.bruno at arranmarketing.com>> escreveu:
>
>     Hello
>     I am scanning pictures my wife draws analogue with crayons, some
>     coloured
>     and some black/white. They all base on an good and strong A4 paper.
>     I scan
>     them (Epson) with 2400 dpi, and receive usually files of about 4 to
>     7 MB as
>     *.png files. Saved with TIFF is usually over 30MB, but several tests we
>     produced are not showing any real improvement.

most photocopy machine use as low as 150 dpi, 300 dpi for an A4 is more
than enough

>     printing. However, the original scaned *.pdf

you said you scanned as *png*. png are images, pdf are not. jpg is
probably enough for your use.

converting to gimp format from the beginning have no interest, it's
useful only for use inside gimp.

what do you exactly try to achieve?

jdd