Tags - How to remove unwanted ones. Solution wanted.

Matthieu ermelir at gmail.com
Wed Jan 18 23:12:34 GMT 2017

Hello

I have the same issue, with both DK 5.3 and DK 5.4: I have some unrequired
tags in tags list, and, even if I remove them from pictures in DK, select
all the updated pictures and click "write metadata in disk" (in pictures
which have appropriate write and write permissions), after refreshing,
these tags come back.

I identified one origin of this issue: my pictures are stored in a synology
NAS under photos station which write some of these tags in related files.
Even if pictures in digikam where removed from the unwanted tags, tags is
still stored in the related files and so, when refreshing, DK read these
files and so the unappropriated tags.
Removing unrequired tags from photo station have made disappear some of
these unrequired tags from digikam after refresh.

But not for all.... And I don't know why.

I'm quite sure that pictures involved are both JPG and CR2 files.

Hope this comment can help.

Regards