How to change splash screen in digiKam AppImage?

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Wed Jan 18 19:25:55 GMT 2017

For the next 5.5.0, the CLI option of AppImage will be :

[gilles at localhost digikam5]$ ./digikam-5.5.0-01-x86-64.appimage help
digiKam AppImage bundle CLI options:
 without option     : run digiKam.
 <showfoto>         : run Showfoto instead digiKam.
 <debug>            : run digiKam into GDB.
 <debug> <showfoto> : run Showfoto into GDB.
 <help>             : show this help.

You can continue to pass showfoto and digiKam extra arguments as usual.

ex to show showfoto help :

[gilles at localhost digikam5]$ ./digikam-5.5.0-01-x86-64.appimage showfoto
--help
Usage: showfoto [options] [file(s) or folder(s)]
Manage your photographs like a professional, with the power of open source

  -v, --version              Displays version information.
  -h, --help                 Displays this help.
  --author                   Show author information.
  --license                  Show license information.
  --desktopfile <file name>  The base file name of the desktop entry for
this
                             application.

Arguments:
  files                      File(s) or folder(s) to open