Tags - How to remove unwanted ones. Solution wanted.

Andrey Goreev aegoreev at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 23:41:33 GMT 2017

Hello Peter,

I am having the same issue.
Do you have any other picture management software installed on your
computer?
I always thought that Windows Live Photo Gallery screws my tags up
resurrecting the deleted ones from its database.

If that is not a case for you I suspect that previous versions of digiKam
might wrote tags to more fields than digiKam 5. The list of the fields
where digiKam writes tags to can be found in Settings / Metadata / Advanced
/ Tags.
Again, this is just a thought ...

When I come across such file again in future I will investigate more - need
to check properties of the files, permissions, scan all metadata using
exiftool, etc.

Also, there is an option called "Wipe all tags from database only" in Tags
/ Tag Manager / Sync Export which might help. I have never used it though.
Please do full backup of your collection if you do.

Best regards,
Andrey Goreev