Tags - How to remove unwanted ones. Solution wanted.

Peter Mc Donough mcd-mail-lists at gmx.net
Tue Jan 17 23:30:16 GMT 2017

Hi,

There seems to be no real solution on how to remove unwanted tags in DK.
System opensuse tumbleweed, digikam 5.3.0

I have tagged the pictures on my computer with digikam for ages, and of
course occasionally reorganized the tag tree.
Sometimes tags pop up which seem impossible to remove.

As I understand the standard procedure for consolidating the tag tree
is: Make sure the xmps and photos are writeable.
First - use maintenance mode to update from database to (xmp and photos)
Second - use maintenance mode to update from (xmp and photos) to database)
Now the same tags should be "everywhere".

Test with one tag:
Unmark lazy synchronization
Select in extended search the tag you want to remove
Select all photos which match that tag
Unmark the tag and apply
Repeat if necessary until no photos show that tag any more.
Expected result- all photos lose that tag.

Test: Use maintenance mode to update from (xmp and photos) to database)
And f*ยง%k, the tag is still in those photos.
What went wrong?

cu
Peter