Digikam appimage

Andrey Goreev aegoreev at gmail.com
Mon Jan 16 15:26:02 GMT 2017

Hi Gilles
Thanks for the explanations. Is an appimage working any slower compare to a regular installation?
Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
-------- Original message --------From: Gilles Caulier <caulier.gilles at gmail.com> Date: 2017-01-16  8:04 AM  (GMT-07:00) To: digiKam - Home Manage your photographs as a professional with the power of open source <digikam-users at kde.org> Subject: Re: Digikam appimage
Hi,
You lost nothing. Appimage is a bundle, a stand alone digiKam with all requirements embedbed in a virtual FS loaded in memory (FuseFS).
You run it as well, the FS is decompressed in local (into /tmp), and nothing is installed on the system. No need root right.
About setting, RC file still created/updated into your home directory, as a system based digiKam.
Best
Hello,
I am wondering where digikamrc and any configuration files being stored when I am using an appimage. I have never used one before. It looks for me like a portable version of a program which is great but if I download 5.5.0 in future am I going to lose my configuration files?Please advise.
Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.