digikam default options

Remco Viƫtor remco.vietor at wanadoo.fr
Sat Jan 14 15:23:00 GMT 2017

On samedi 14 janvier 2017 16:01:34 CET cerp wrote:
> Dear Simon,
>
> In our case it is unflagged, but digikam still changes the timestamp
> of the file (in the filesystem on the disk) ....  which means when you
> open with a filemanager or a different DAM tool the picture order is
> completely screwed.

I'm not sure Digikam has anything to say in that decision.
File saving is handed off to a driver in the system (rather evident, once you
realise how many file systems exists: Linux has at least 5 that it can handle:
BTFRS, Ext4, NFS, Fat, NTFS; there are probably more that I've never seen/
used. Afaik, it's the driver that as a matter of course adjusts the time
stamps in the file system.