digikam default options

Remco Viƫtor remco.vietor at wanadoo.fr
Sat Jan 14 15:11:48 GMT 2017

On samedi 14 janvier 2017 07:30:08 CET Andrey Goreev wrote:
> Well, I take pictures to capture moments. So why should the date of the
> moment be changed if I simply added an info in order to be able to find
> that picture later ?

There is a tag reflecting the time the image was taken. That one is not (and
should not be) modified on any update, afaik.

Also, we were talking about the best default for a configuration option. If
you do not like the default, you can change it.

But for me, a timestamp that's supposed to record the date/time an image was
changed should _as_a_default_ do exactly that, to avoid surprising (new)
users.

Remco.