Installing digikam 5.3 on Kubuntu 16.04 with KDE 5,8,5 from the backport ppa

Philip Johnsson philip.johnsson at gmail.com
Sun Jan 8 22:35:57 GMT 2017

This error is because of updated version of KDE have been released in some
sources from what standard official Ubuntu 16.04 comes with. So if you use
the updated version of KDE you need a rebuild version of Digikam 5.x for it
(I think Linux Mint have the new KDE version backported). This will be
solved with my "kubuntu-backports" PPA for users that have the updated
version of KDE and the users that still use the standard ubuntu 16.04 KDE
use my "extra" PPA as before. Note that you always need my "extra" PPA as
it contains other dependent packages for digikam to work.
"kubuntu-backports" PPA will only have some packages rebuilt.

I'm just waiting for official digikam 5.4 tarball to be released to upload
the different builds of digikam 5.4 for the different versions of KDE but
right now you have to wait a bit for the fix.

/Philip