Digikam raw files and darktable

Juan Jose Casafranca jjcasmar at gmail.com
Sat Jan 7 15:33:02 GMT 2017

I have a 5 idea, just tell what you think about it.

When digikam founds a raw file, call the raw processor to process the raw
file using the xmp file.
Get the returned image and store it in the database the same way other
thumbnails are stored.

Darktable writes its history in an xmp file, so the only thing needed is
both software dont override the info written by the other software.

So when digikam needs the processed image, simply calls DT and gives the
current xmp file. If its the first time darktable sees that image, then it
would write the default history and return the image. If the xmp file
already has a DT history, it would return the image that result from that
iamge. If the user want to manipulate the image, simply open DT from
digikam interface and when it's closed, recover the image (the xmp file
will have the DT history).

I think its a pretty easy way to do it. Do you think there is any issue
with this idea?