Digikam raw files and darktable

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Sat Jan 7 14:25:43 GMT 2017

> in a

> > > optimize

> PNG
> 512x512
> > >
> > > and

> > > Okay. But there is no need to change anything in DK for storing
> > > thumbnails.
> > > The only thing needed is to change the way thumbnails are generated and
> > > updated for raw files.
> > >
> > > Simply, when DK finds a new raw file, instead of loading the embedded
> jpg
> > > file,
> > > simply call the raw processor and generate the new file. And when the
> > > thumbnail
> > > is dirty (as I explained before), regenerate the thumbnail.
> >
> > But this is already the case. We use already a raw decoder named libraw
> > process RAW thumbnails. We will not using another one... Stop to puzzle
> the
> > code
> >
> > Gilles Caulier
>
> So you are telling me that if we want to process a raw file and manage a
> library with DK, we have to stay with the simply DK raw processor instead
> of
> using a much more powerful one like darktable? Do you really think that
> people
> out there use the DK raw processor to process their images?

But digiKam is not DarkTable.  The way to mix both cannot be done. This is
2 different applications, one written in Qt other one in GTK...

The goal currently in DK is to stabilize the code, reduce dependencies,
improve port to non Linux. We have plenty of jobs to do, DarkTable is not a
priority for the moment.