Video thumbnails - what does it need? (I forgot...)

Philip Johnsson philip.johnsson at gmail.com
Sun Feb 26 16:45:59 GMT 2017

Jim,
you can check if your version of digikam is built with video support if you
open digikam and check in the menu under Help > Components Information. For
Digikam 5.0-5.3, if you in the list of components have QtMultimedia and
some version number (what ever version of it was used when being compiled)
and for Digikam 5.4 and newer instead check for LibQtAV and some version
number for that. If they are not listed with versions for either version of
Digikam then you have no support for video enabled in digikam with the
build you are using. If not there then Digikam needs to be rebuilt with it
enabled to make the feature available what ever you try to install on your
system after to get the feature.

/Philip