Sharing digiKam between Windows and Linux (no network, same machine)

Andrey Goreev aegoreev at gmail.com
Thu Feb 23 13:14:02 GMT 2017

It depends on where you store the metadata.
If you write it to the jpgs, yes your method will work. If you store it in the database only you should share the .db file
Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
-------- Original message --------From: "mik.clucas" <mik.clucas at bluewin.ch> Date: 2017-02-23  5:52 AM  (GMT-07:00) To: daniel bip <daniel.mail.public at gmail.com>, digiKam - Home Manage your photographs as a professional with the power of open source <digikam-users at kde.org> Subject: Re: Sharing digiKam between Windows and Linux (no network, same machine)

Hi DanielI also would like to use dk on more than 1 workstation. Not only the images but also the metdata(face detection, tags and flags etc). Does using a shared network location also share the dk database and metadata?
Best regardsMik