Missing menus

Andrey Goreev aegoreev at gmail.com
Tue Feb 21 17:34:32 GMT 2017

Derek,
Please check if the bug exists in Ubuntu GNOME if you have a chance. I think it might be A GNOME 3 thing not Unity.
Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
-------- Original message --------From: Gilles Caulier <caulier.gilles at gmail.com> Date: 2017-02-21  10:14 AM  (GMT-07:00) To: digiKam - Home Manage your photographs as a professional with the power of open source <digikam-users at kde.org> Subject: Re: Missing menus
I don't ignore Ubuntu, else i will not speak about in this room.
I want mean that Ubuntu is not finalized as other desktop present under Linux since a very long time. And dysfunctions exists and must be resolved by Ubuntu team. Why i will pass precious time for Ubuntu after all, if the desktop manager as weird side effects on applications which exist before Ubuntu as well..
Ubuntu is not Linux after all... and as i can see, with my very long experience in computer science, well the Ubuntu desktop is buggous and not finalized. This is the reality, i'm sorry...
If Ubuntu team propose patches to improve digiKam under this distro, i will have no problem to review and apply. For the moment, I see nothing coming from Ubuntu star...
Or perhaps digiKam is not a priority or is considerate as a weird application, that i can understand. But in this case, do not ask me to support more and more this distro as well...

You can't regret the fact that Ubuntu gave non-geeks like me a chance to enjoy using an open source OS though.Yes in some cases it works not the way the rest distributions do but we still need to respect it as a part of the community and should not ignore it.
Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
-------- Original message --------From: Gilles Caulier <caulier.gilles at gmail.com> Date: 2017-02-21  9:55 AM  (GMT-07:00) To: digiKam - Home Manage your photographs as a professional with the power of open source <digikam-users at kde.org> Subject: Re: Missing menus
yes, i know. My remarks about Ubuntu are not about Debian...