Tag Thumbnails ???

BuckSkin dmnmcg60 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 6 05:02:25 GMT 2017

DigiKam V-5.2.0  Windows 7

I read the instructions in The Handbook and attempted to replace a few tag
icons with image thumbnails.

I drag-&-dropped the chosen image thumbnail onto the tag's icon in the
right-side category/tag tree view; at which point I got a message with the
option "set as tag thumbnail", which I selected/clicked.

The image thumbnail sort of flinched like they do when something is going
on; however, there was no change to the tag's icon; no image thumbnail
appeared; nothing happened.

I tried this several times with no success.

Also, I am almost certain that I read in The Handbook that, when I
right-clicked an image thumbnail, the choice to "set as tag thumbnail" would
be in the contextual menu; no such choice appears in those I tried.

I right-clicked a tag and chose "properties", but could not make heads nor
tails as to whether I could do anything there.

What am I doing wrong ?

Thanks for reading.