View most recently imported photos

Remco Viƫtor remco.vietor at wanadoo.fr
Sat Apr 29 07:42:00 BST 2017

On vendredi 28 avril 2017 23:28:43 CEST Brian Greggs wrote:
> Hello,
> I'm wondering if there is a way to display all the photos imported in the
> most recent batch of imports, without having to place them in their own
> unique folder within the collection. I want to be able to apply tags to the
> photos I've just imported, after the import has finished. Any ideas?
>
> Thanks!

In the left sidebar there are tabs "Date" and "Timeline", that might provide
what you want. "Date" gives a tree view with year/month and a calendar for the
selected month. "Timeline gives a horizontal timeline, also divided per month,
with a search option.

But I'm not sure they use the original date the photo was taken. If it's the
date of the most recent modification, edits will get separated from the
original, but that should not be a problem for the initial tagging. As I don't
use Digikam for raw development, I have very few edits in my albums, the main
ones are panorama's, which do not retain the date the original images were
taken.

Remco