New digikam website source available from KDE's git server

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Sat Apr 1 05:31:48 BST 2017

Another question ;

outside the fact that we need fresh screenshots, because it's very
important to look how application have been designed and if it's well
understable by end users, there is an important point to talk :

Where to store screenshots ?

The image, in PNG, need space. In the past, with different CMS (not only
Drupal), the database used in background do not like very well a local
storage of images. Sometime, screenshots disappears randomly.

This is why, all screenshots, since more than 10 years, are all stored to
Flickr. Until now, this have not introduced a dysfunction. For all release,
we trying to provide screenshots of new features. This point is very
important to give a visibility of application in time.

I know that recently Flickr (Yahoo) has serious security issues. Perhaps we
need to changes this rules. This is why i ask this question here.
Personalty, i don't have any problem with Flickr. After all, there is an
account to flickr for digiKam.org and only screenshots are hosted to this
account.

To resume :

- screenshots stored in local or not ?
- If stored in local (git), this is acceptable by KDE team to overload the
repository with this kind of huge data ?

best