Exiv2 bug reports

Pat David patdavid at gmail.com
Tue Apr 25 02:00:37 BST 2017

All,

I've been in touch with Robin about this, and in fact we have a
presentation at LGM this past weekend together.

He and Andreas have come to hopefully resolve the problems, and he expects
to have a release out as soon as possible (the GIMP team is also watching
this).

Robin is also planning on moving away from the project at the end of the
year to go back to school, so he is actively looking for a new engineer to
transition into the project and continue the work. It might be worth
holding off for a little bit to see if releases start coming. I understand
that the work is done on 27, it's just awaiting Andreas to be released,
which should be soon (fingers crossed).

Pat
On Mon, Apr 24, 2017 at 3:33 PM Jim Gomi <gomi at mailup.net> wrote:

> On Sun, 2017-04-09 at 12:37 -0600, aegoreev at gmail.com wrote:
> > I think we need to leave exiv2 as is for still images and find
> > something else for video files if possible...
>
> I agree with this. For me the biggest problem with digikam is that I
> cannot store metadata inside video files.
> The digikam4.db database file is good but from experience I know that
> it can get corrupted and I relied on the image file metadata to restore
> it.
>
> > Once we know what we want to do for video files I can volunteer and
> > check every single tool availble on the web and come up with some
> > kind of report.
>
> That would be great.
>
> --
https://patdavid.net
GPG: 66D1 7CA6 8088 4874 946D  18BD 67C7 6219 89E9 57AC