Had to change External Hard Drive; How do I make the change in DigiKam ?

BuckSkin dmnmcg60 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 21 11:41:00 BST 2017

Markqz wrote
> I'm following this discussion because I'm trying to decide to commit to DK
> or to some commercial solution.

Thanks for your ideas.
Please don't let my stumbling computer illiteracy prevent you from giving
digiKam a try; digiKam is a wonderful program that is just way smarter than
I am.

Although I haven't found a simple less time consuming solution to the disk
change, just manually deleting the old collections and relisting them again
from the new drive has proven to be the safest/simplest method of migration
for me.

The main thing I like about digiKam is how it writes such things as tags and
geolocation data right into the jpegs metadata where it is immediately
identifiable by any other program without cluttering my folders with
extraneous "sidecar" files.